Ukrainian visa type “D” – long-term visas. D type visas are issued in cases where a foreigner/stateless person intends to apply for a temporary residence permit to stay in Ukraine for more than 90 days. D type visas are issued as multiple entry visas valid for 90 days.
According to Ukraine’s Visa Rules all applicants should provide the following documents in order to apply for their visa:
- Passport/travel document which should comply with these requirements: a) be valid for at least 3 months after the intended date of departure from Ukraine; b) have at least 2 pages free from any visas/marks/stamps; c)be issued for no more than 10 years.
- Printed and signed visa application form (please see the MFA advice on visa application registration above);
- 1 applicant’s photo (35 * 45 mm);
- Proof that the applicant is a holder of (or is entitled to benefit from) a valid medical/travel insurance policy to cover Ukraine and the period of stay (the policy should provide a minimum of €30 000 or equivalent coverage). Holders of diplomatic/service passports are exempt from this requirement;*If you do not have a valid medical/travel insurance policy, then our company can provide you with this service for an additional charge.
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover the costs of stay (e.g. bank statement for 2 recent months, cash in Ukrainian hryvnia/other convertible currency, bank cards along with current/savings account balance statements provided the bank cards can be cashed in Ukraine, hotel/accommodation booking, letter from the applicant’s employer/sponsor confirming their coverage of applicant’s expenses in Ukraine, a return/transit ticket etc). Holders of diplomatic/service passports are exempt from this requirement. For more details on this requirement please see the Procedure for Providing Sufficient Funds by Foreigners and Stateless Persons Entering, Staying in, Transiting through or Leaving Ukraine approved by the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine no.884 of 4 December 2013 (in Ukrainian).
- Paid visa fee receipt (unless stipulated otherwise by Ukraine’s legislation or Ukraine’s international treaty).
For long-term (D type) visas – one of the following:
- A certified copy of the work permit issued by Ukraine’s State Centre for Employment. Foreiners / stateless persons exempt from the requierement to obtain a work permit in order to be employed in Ukraine are to provide a copy of the work contract. Persons of Ukrainian descent are to provide their certificate of a person of Ukrainian descent and a copy of the work contract. *If you do not have a work permit issued by Ukraine’s State Centre for Employment, then our company can provide you with this service for an additional charge.
- A copy of the immigration permit issued by a local office of Ukraine’s State Migration Service;
- Document(s) confirming that the applicant is a family member of a foreigner/stateless person who has been granted refuge/temporary protection in Ukraine. Certificates issued by foreign countries should be apostilled (legalized) and translated into Ukrainian as well as duly certified.
- Invitation letter issued by a relevant Ukraine’s state authority/entity/organisation which is a recipient of international technical assistance project as well as a confirmation of the registration of the relevant international technical assistance project;
- Invitation letter issued by a religious organisation duly registered in Ukraine for a long-term performance of religious/missionary/canonical activities accompanied by a letter issued by Ukraine’s state authority which has registered that religious organization (e.g. Ukraine’s Ministry for Culture / Department on Religious Matters of the relevant regional or city state administration);
- Invitation letter issued by a foreign non-governmental organization (branch / office) duly registered in Ukraine;
- Invitation letter issued by a foreign company duly registered in Ukraine;
- Invitation letter issued by a branch of a foreign bank registered in Ukraine;
- Invitation letter issued by a branch of a foreign Mass Media duly registered in Ukraine with a request to issue a visa to the Mass Media staff member;
- Official letter/verbal note issued by a relevant foreign state authority/foreign diplomatic mission/international organisation (office) with a request to issue a long-term visa to the mission/organisation (office) staff member as well as her/his family members;
- Invitation letter issued by Ukraine’s relevant government authority which implements respective cultural, educational, scientific, sport or volunteering programs or an invitation letter issued by an entity/institution/organisation engaging volunteers in their activities accompanied by the copy of that entity/institution/organisation’s state registration certificate;
- Document(s) confirming that the applicant is a family member of a foreigner/stateless person residing in Ukraine upon a temporary residence permit accompanied by a copy of that foreigner/stateless person’s temporary residence permit as well as proof of that foreigner/stateless person’s sufficient funds to cover applicant’s expenses in Ukraine. Certificates issued by foreign countries should be apostilled (legalized) and translated into Ukrainian as well as duly certified;
- Other documents (if stipulated by Ukraine’s international treaties).
The list of our legal services for obtaining / extending a visa D includes:
- Legal advice on the procedure for obtaining a visa for foreign citizens in Ukraine.
- Legal expertise of the documents that must be submitted for a Visa for foreigners.
- Assistance in translating passports into Ukrainian and its legalization.
- Assistance in finding and acquiring health insurance.
- Preparation of the necessary documents for filing for a Visa;
- Original documents will be sent to you by courier service like FedEx, Aramex, DHL, UPS. Before shipping we will send you scanned copies by email. Tracking code will be provided.
- Doing of a work permit.
The procedure for obtaining permission requires the collection and development of a number of documents, and our company’s specialists are ready to help in this matter!