In order for a foreigner to stay on the territory for a longer time, he needs to issue residence permits, which are divided into two types:
- Temporary residence permits
- Permanent residence permits.
Thus, both temporary and permanent residence permits are documents that certify the identity of a foreigner and confirm the legal grounds for temporary or permanent residence in Ukraine.
Residence permits are issued in the form of cards, where the biometric data (parameters) of the alien are entered: digitized face image, fingerprints and signature. Since June 1, 2018, these documents are issued regardless of the age of the alien.
The choice of a specific residence permit depends on the grounds that the alien has.
The immigration quota according to the categories:
- Scientists and cultural workers whose immigration meets the interests of Ukraine
- Highly qualified specialists and workers, the urgent requirement of whom is notable for the economy of Ukraine
- Persons who made foreign investment in the economy of Ukraine in foreign convertible currency amounting to not less than one hundred thousand dollars
- Individuals being a brother or sister, a grandfather or grandmother, or a grandchild of citizens of Ukraine
- Former citizens of Ukraine
- Parents, husband (wife) of an immigrant and their minor children
- Persons who lived for permanent in Ukraine within three years from the date of obtaining the refugee status or asylum in Ukraine, and their parents, husbands (wives) and minor children residing with them
Immigration permit out of the immigration quota is granted to:
- One spouse if another spouse with whom he/she has been married for over two years is a citizen of Ukraine, children and parents of citizens of Ukraine
- Persons who are guardians or trustees of citizens of Ukraine, or under guardianship of citizens of Ukraine
- Persons who are eligible for citizenship of Ukraine by territorial origin
- Persons whose immigration is a matter of the state interest for Ukraine
- Foreign Ukrainians, spouses of Foreign Ukrainians and their children if they enter and stay in Ukraine together
To obtain a permanent residence permits from an alien, you must:
1) Legal residence on the territory of Ukraine (must remain at least 15 working days before the end of the period of stay);
2) Passport and its translation into Ukrainian, certified in the prescribed manner;
3) Visa D (if a citizen of countries with a visa regime);
4) A document that confirms the basis for obtaining a permanent residence permits;
5) Health insurance policy.
The list of our legal services for receiving a permanent residence permits includes:
- Legal advice on the procedure for obtaining a permanent residence permit in Ukraine.
- Legal examination of documents that must be submitted for registration a permanent residence permit.
- Assistance in translating passports into Ukrainian and its legalization.
- Assistance in finding and acquiring health insurance.
- Original documents will be sent to you by courier service like FedEx, Aramex, DHL, UPS. Before shipping we will send you scanned copies by email. Tracking code will be provided.
- Preparation of the necessary package of documents for obtaining (renewal) a permanent residence permit in Ukraine to the State Migration Service.
The procedure for obtaining / extending a permanent residence permit in Ukraine requires the collection and development of a number of documents, and our company’s specialists are ready to help in this matter!