Ukrainian visa type “C” – short-term visas. C type visas are issued in cases where a foreigner/stateless person intends to stay in Ukraine for up to 90 days within every 180 days. C type visas are issued as single / double / multiple entry visas valid for 6 months or another period depending on supporting documents but cannot be issued for more than a 5 year-term.
According to Ukraine’s Visa Rules all applicants should provide the following documents in order to apply for their visa:
- Passport/travel document which should comply with these requirements: – be valid for at least 3 months after the intended date of departure from Ukraine; – have at least 2 pages free from any visas/marks/stamps; – be issued for no more than 10 years.
- Printed and signed visa application form (please see the MFA advice on visa application registration above);
- 1 applicant’s photo (35 * 45 mm);
- Proof that the applicant is a holder of (or is entitled to benefit from) a valid medical/travel insurance policy to cover Ukraine and the period of stay (the policy should provide a minimum of €30 000 or equivalent coverage). Holders of diplomatic/service passports are exempt from this requirement;*If you do not have a valid medical/travel insurance policy, then our company can provide you with this service for an additional charge.
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover the costs of stay (e.g. bank statement for 2 recent months, cash in Ukrainian hryvnia/other convertible currency, bank cards along with current/savings account balance statements provided the bank cards can be cashed in Ukraine, hotel/accommodation booking, letter from the applicant’s employer/sponsor confirming their coverage of applicant’s expenses in Ukraine, a return/transit ticket etc). Holders of diplomatic/service passports are exempt from this requirement. For more details on this requirement please see the Procedure for Providing Sufficient Funds by Foreigners and Stateless Persons Entering, Staying in, Transiting through or Leaving Ukraine approved by the Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine no.884 of 4 December 2013 (in Ukrainian).
- Paid visa fee receipt (unless stipulated otherwise by Ukraine’s legislation or Ukraine’s international treaty).
For short-term (C type) visas – one of the following:
- Invitation letter from an entity/company/organisation registered in Ukraine, presented on the official letterhead, with indication of the entity/company/organisation’s number according to Ukraine’s Unified State Registry of Legal Entities, Individual Entrepreneurs and Citizens’ Associations, registration number, date and signature, full name of the invited person, information about his/her date and place of birth, nationality, passport details, place of residence, purpose of visit, duration of intended visit to Ukraine, number of entries and place of stay in Ukraine, legal person’s obligations to cover costs related to the invited person’s stay and/or departure from Ukraine;*If you do not have a company that can issue this invitation to you, then our company can provide you with this service for an additional charge.
- Original of the notarized invitation letter from Ukraine’s national or a foreigner/stateless person who legally resides (temporarily or permanently) in Ukraine. Invitation should contain full surname and name(s) of the inviting person, details of his/her passport and temporary or permanent residency permit (for a foreigner/stateless person), address, and full name of the invited person, information about his/her date and place of birth, nationality, passport details, place of residence, purpose of visit, duration of intended visit to Ukraine, number of entries and place of stay in Ukraine, inviting person’s obligations to cover costs related to the applicant’s stay and/or departure from Ukraine. Copies of the inviting person’s Ukrainian passport (if an inviting person is Ukraine’s national) or copies of the foreigner’s/stateless person’s passport and their Ukrainian temporary/permanent residency permit (if an inviting person is a foreigner/stateless person) should be provided as well;*If you do not have a person that can issue this invitation to you, then our company can provide you with this service for an additional charge.
- Invitation letter issued by Ukraine’s ministries / other central executive authorities, state entities and organizations;
- Passenger / cargo carriers’ contract as well as the relevant international passenger / cargo carrier’s license.
- Certificate of a person of Ukrainian descent issued by Ukraine’s National Committee on Persons of Ukrainian Descent. If applicant’s family applies for this type of visa as well documents on their status and family relation to the applicant should also be provided.
- Proof that the applicant’s main purpose of journey to Ukraine is tourism (hotel/accommodation booking(s), programme of stay, information on the tour(s) and the tour(s’) timeframes, tourist agency details, transfer details, sightseeing information etc.);
- Invitation letter issued by Ukraine’s hospital/medical treatment institution;
- Document issued by the relevant regional/city state administration/bank confirming that the applicant has made an investment to Ukraine’s economy;
- Document(s) confirming that the applicant owns property (real estate) allocated in Ukraine;
- Invitation letter issued by a religious organization in Ukraine for a short-term performance of missionary activities accompanied by a letter issued by Ukraine’s Ministry for Culture / Department on Religious Matters of the relevant regional or city state administration – depending which authority has registered that religious organization;
- A letter of the foreign Mass Media with a request to issue a visa to the foreign correspondent/Mass Media staff member who intends to travel to Ukraine in his/her professional capacity;
- Invitation letter issued by foreign states’ authorities / international organizations;
- An Order of Ukraine’s Central Election Commission on registration of official observers from foreign states and international organizations for presidential elections, parliamentary elections, local elections and national referendums;
- Document(s) confirming that the applicant is a spouse, a parent or a child of a citizen of Ukraine.
The list of our legal services for obtaining / extending a visa includes:
- Legal advice on the procedure for obtaining a visa for foreign citizens in Ukraine.
- Legal expertise of the documents that must be submitted for a Visa for foreigners.
- Assistance in translating passports into Ukrainian and its legalization.
- Assistance in finding and acquiring health insurance.
- Assistance in the design of the invitation from an entity/company/organisation registered in Ukraine or searching person that can issue this invitation to you .
- Preparation of the necessary documents for filing for a Visa.
- Original documents will be sent to you by courier service like FedEx, Aramex, DHL, UPS. Before shipping we will send you scanned copies by email. Tracking code will be provided.
The procedure for obtaining permission requires the collection and development of a number of documents, and our company’s specialists are ready to help in this matter!